“The SAFETY, HEALTH and WELL-BEING
of our nation’s WOMEN and CHILDREN
must become our TOP PRIORITY
in LAW and SOCIETY.”
– Patrice Lenowitz, The Nurtured Parent
To ensure the protection of the rights, safety, health and well-being of our nation’s women and children.
Protecting children. Educating the public. Empowering survivors.
You can view Patrice’s Bio by CLICKING HERE.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
– SHANI DESTRO (Group Facilitator; DV Survivor; Trained Shelter Volunteer)
– MASHONDA TIFRERE (Author, Philanthropist; Music Artist)
– SAMANTHA PLOTINO EMERY (Mission Based Coordinator YWCA Bergen County)
– TERESA LANG (DV Survivor, Co-Facilitator )
HONORARY ADVISORY BOARD
– LUNDY BANCROFT (Internationally Acclaimed Domestic Violence and Child Maltreatment Expert, Author, Speaker, Playwright)
– RICHARD POMPELIO (Attorney; Founder of the New Jersey Crime Victims Law Center)
– DR. MARY MANDIS (Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist)
The Nurtured Parent has never, and WILL NEVER, accept state or federal funding. We strongly believe government led and funded organizations “inadvertently” become bad for women and children.
Because government funded programs learn that they must “stop short” of going the distance of truly advocating for victims’ rights to avoid the risk of having necessary funding — the money they rely on to keep their doors open — pulled in retribution. We’ve witnessed incredibly important organizations that have been such an asset to our greater community, shut down for this very reason. We will NOT be CO-OPTED.
The Nurtured Parent is a registered 501c3 public charity. Contributions made to The Nurtured Parent are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. No donation is too small, and all are profoundly appreciated. ♥